We wish to introduce ourselves as sports enthusiasts who have played Table Tennis at National level and have represented Andhra Pradesh at Nationals and National Games for more two decades. We love the sport and share the common intention to give back to the society. Our interest and desire to contribute to the quality of table tennis in Telangana has brought us together.
We started the academy started in 1996 with 11 trainees under the name St.Paul’s Table Tennis Academy and over a period of time we grew strength to strength. The Academy then collaborated with Stag and renamed the academy as St.Paul’s Stag Table Tennis Academy in 2011. From 2016 January, we shifted to a bigger location at Malakpet and are now known as `Stag Table Tennis Academy’.
This center is fully equipped with ITTF approved tables, specialized flooring, high intensity lighting, practice robots, Gym, cafeteria and safe environment for kinds. We will be open from 6.30am to 9.30pm which will give us the advantage of flexible timings. We shall now conduct regular training camps, Inter school competition, state ranking & corporate tournaments, inter club/institution championships and reach out to various segments of people.
Be a part of the Academy which has been consistently producing champions.
We believe in the immense potential Indians have to become world champions. With the right combination of physical & mental strength, we look forward to take the sport of table tennis in India to dizzying global heights. All they need is the right kind of training, sports infrastructure and talent search programs. Hence we intend to create a professional sports academy, with full fledged training centre with proper flooring, gym, Health Club with Gym, & Steam Room, Yoga Centre & Meditation Hall, Swimming Pool, Athletic Track, Restaurant Health Foods/ Drinks etc.
- Table Tennis tables of international standard with terraflex flooring
- Health Club with Gym, & Steam Room
- Yoga Centre & Meditation Hall
- Swimming Pool
- Athletic Track
- Restaurant Health Foods/ Drinks
- Children Play Area
- Rehab/ Physiotherapy, Wellness centre
- Sports Shop
- Transit Accommodation
Provide personal training with trained physical trainers, physiologists, sports medicine specialists and experts to workout or unwind.
- Gym(for Strengthening & Conditioning)
- Yoga/ Aerobics/ Meditation
- Healthy Diet with dietician- approved nutrition plans
- Unwind at the spa
- ITTF approved tables
- Terraflex floor with requisite lighting
- Changing rooms for players
- Gymnasium - world-class gym
- Special fitness program for women
- Wellness/recovery centre- state of –the-art centre with hydrotherapy/Steam
- Physical training - Running track
- Mental rejuvenation - Yoga, Meditation and Aerobics
- Cross training - Various indoor and outdoor games
- Accommodation - air-conditioned and well furnished rooms with attached bath
- Air-conditioned dormitories
- Healthy cafeteria
- Dietician to offer the right food ingredients
- Playing area for the kids/members/corporate guests
Our objective is that every member at our academy is provided with professional playing atmosphere, training facilities to reach the pinnacle of excellence. This will build an space for creating tomorrow’s champions and also popularize the sport in India.
We need your support and encouragement in this endeavor by providing us a suitable land which will help us in setting up this hub for sports & health in Hyderabad which help in putting the Table tennis sport to the next level and make a mark in the world scenario.
Our objective is set up a state-of-art Table Tennis training centre with all sports facilities that help players achieve their goals. We believe that World champions can be produced only with right infrastructure and all round training. We wish to offer comprehensive facilities and professional services of dietician, physiotherapist, sports analyst and video counseling under one roof. This will be a training ground that helps players push his/her personal limits to achieve the pinnacle of excellence. This will also help us achieve our objective of creating tomorrow’s champions and also popularize the sport along with promoting health & fitness.
We want to provide a competitive place not only for players, but also for officials and coaches across India to be trained on the latest advancements, techniques by hosting regular international events, seminars, conferences, coaching clinics and training programs. This will provide excellent exposure to the players, coaches and officials to hone their skills and produce world champions.
- Creating the breeding ground for national & International players
- Promoting table tennis to a large base of people
- Improving coaching standards in the state & country with all the modern amenities
- To develop & nurture youth talent to represent the country to bring glory to the school and nation
Our training methods are very effective with our rich playing & international coaching experience. Our rich experience as player and International assignments as Indian Team coach gave us the edge and excellent results. We also keep refining our training methods periodically with the inputs from the National coach & former National Champion, Mr. Kamlesh Mehta. We are personally responsible for the planning and progress of every player and spend on-court time with each player on a weekly basis. Having won many laurels for AP & our organization, we know what is required to hone the future Indian Table Tennis Stars.
Today our academy is one of the most popular and premier table tennis training center in India. As part of the training we have always emphasized on discipline which has contributed to building strong positive attitude amongst the trainees. This has contributed to almost 55% representation from our Academy in the Telangana state team under various categories.
We have been recognized and appreciated by the Table tennis fraternity for
- Pioneering the concept of Integrated Coaching in Telangana.
- Setting up the first private Table Tennis Coaching Academy in Telangana.
- Initiated National level sports trend in the conduct of the State Ranking tournaments.
Major Achievements from 1996
Over the past 19 years, we trained about 1000 children at various levels and have brought laurels to the state and are now well placed in their respective career.
- 273 players represented AP State in Nationals in various events
- 2 bronze medals in National Games at Hyderabad
- 3 Silver medals in National Ranking championships
- 2 bronze & 1 silver in All India Varsity Games
- 2 gold, 1 sliver & 3 bronze in All India School Games
- 37 State Champions
- Represented India 6 times in International World Circuit Tournaments in Juniors
- Won 1 gold, 1 silver & 1 bronze for India
- Selected 4 times for Senior Indian Coaching Camp
- Member of Senior Indian Team for World Championships 2006
Training for the real challenge
In order to provide modern and competitive environment, we collaborated with STAG International, a leading manufacturer and exporter of sports goods based at Meerut. This joint venture is in line with our Vision to develop & nurture young talent & create a breeding ground for National & International players. As the first step to this, the St.Paul’s School management was kind enough to provide us a bigger playing arena which we upgraded
- With new ITTF-approved STAG tables
- ITTF-approved STAG flooring
- High ceiling with custom lighting for Table Tennis
Thus offering budding players a greater opportunity to experience International playing environment and enjoy the sport of table tennis. We have been continuously testing new training methods, techniques and processes to constantly improve performance.
This partnership led to unified effort of both SPTTA & STAG to increase participation in table tennis and expand the potential of existing players in Telangana. National Coach Mr.Kamlesh Mehta & International repute Mr. Peter Karlsson, former World champion from Stag International visited the academy which will help tap many youth talent and produce a team of National players.